University of Massachusetts Boston
Office of Global Programs
Boston, MA 02125
617 287 5586
Contact Us
Getting Started
General Info
Why Study Abroad
Create Account
Program Options
Program Types
Reqs & Procedures
Academic Policies
Application Instructions
Before you Go
Financial Matters
Financial Aid
Health & Safety
Travel Preparation
Parents &Family
When You Return
Student Study Abroad Blogs!
Program Search
Program Type:
Program Country:
Program Term:

Financial Aid

If you are receiving any type of financial aid (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships), you must inform the Financial Aid Services Office of your intent to study abroad. After you receive an acceptance letter from a study abroad program, take it to the Financial Aid Services Office. They will make the necessary adjustments and supply you with the proper forms to transfer your aid to your study abroad program.

Chancellor's Scholarship and the Foster Furcolo Scholarship Program apply for the reciprocal programs to study abroad.

The federal government allows students to apply FEDERAL financial aid dollars (a Pell Grant or Stafford Loan) to study abroad programs. With other types of financial aid, you must check with the Financial Aid Services Office to determine transferability.

In order to receive financial aid for your study abroad program, you must complete the following steps:

University of Massachusetts Boston Study Abroad & International Exchange